Packing Supplies –
Whether you are packing your items yourself or hiring professional movers, make sure they are properly packaged. Choosing the right packing supplies for your items can prevent unnecessary damage. Below are the three most popular options and their uses.
These are available in many different shapes and sizes. They are cost-effective and can be easily obtained in large quantities. Small household items can be packed in their original boxes or in other cardboard boxes of the correct type and size.
Larger items like furniture and those with irregular shapes, like a piano, require a different type of packing material. Specialty boxes are heavy-duty and double-walled to protect your more delicate items. They include wardrobe boxes and divider boxes that are ideal for transporting furniture, glass items, and artwork.
These materials are used to secure your items before placing them in boxes. They are designed to help reduce dents and scratches on your items. Wrapping materials include the following:
- Wrapping paper or newsprint is used to wrap delicate items like glasses. They also reduce movement while your items are in transit.
- Stretch wrap is a type of plastic to hold items together.
- Styrofoam sheets and beads fill empty spaces and keep items in place in the box.
- Blankets surround items like beds and wardrobes to cushion and protect them from scratches and dents.
- Bubble wrap is a very popular air-filled plastic material that absorbs shock. It is used to wrap fragile items.
Additional items used for packing include:
- Markers for labeling your boxes
- Labels to help you keep track of your items and identify them easily
- Cutters, scissors to make opening and storing items a lot easier
For all of your moving needs, Moving Lane is the company to help. With a professional team of packers, affordable prices and excellent service, you are guaranteed 100% satisfaction. Contact us today!